Are You In Need Of Furniture?
In order to ensure that Furniture Sharehouse serves those who are most in need we rely on more than 30 Westchester agencies to screen clients and refer them to us. Member agencies are responsible for verifying the clients’ need status through an in-home visit or other reliable method – to help us ensure that our furniture finds a new home with those who need it the most.
Member agencies must provide proof of qualified tax-exempt status under IRS Section 501(c)(3). Please note that to apply for membership, your agency must be based in Westchester County, and the clients to be served must reside in Westchester County.
To learn which agencies are currently members of Furniture Sharehouse and to learn more about becoming a member agency, please follow the links below.
How to Become a Member Agency
Furniture Sharehouse is not open to the public. Only clients who have been referred to us by Member Agencies are eligible to come to our warehouse to select furniture, ensuring that furniture is distributed DIRECTLY to needy families and individuals.
Membership in Furniture Sharehouse is open to agencies that serve clients who are living without and cannot afford the most basic home furnishings, including:
- Those moving out of homeless shelters into transitional or permanent housing
- Victims of domestic violence
- Those suffering from mental illness or chemical dependency
- Working families struggling to stay ahead
- Young adults leaving foster care
- Refugee families
- Victims of personal and natural catastrophes
Member Agencies pay an annual fee of $150 and a $25 fee per family/individual referral.
Member Agencies are responsible for verifying the clients' need status through an in-home visit or other reliable method – to help us ensure that our furniture finds a new home with those who need it the most.
Member Agencies must provide proof of qualified tax-exempt status under IRS Section 501(c)(3). Please note that to apply for membership, your agency must be based in Westchester County, and the clients to be served must reside in Westchester County.
If your agency would like to become a Member Agency, please download the following forms:
Complete the Member Agency Application and mail it, together, with your check for $150 payable to:
P.O. Box 702
Larchmont, NY 10538
We will contact you upon receipt of your application.
Please note that to apply for membership, your agency must be based in Westchester County, and the clients to be served must reside in Westchester County.
Current Member Agencies
- Andrus Children's Center
- Break Ground
- Catholic Charities
- Choice of New Rochelle
- Community Housing Innovations, Inc.
- Community Resource Center
- Family Services of Westchester
- Family Service Society of Yonkers
- Hope's Door (formerly Northern Westchester Shelter)
- Human Development Services of Westchester, Inc.
- JCCA (formerly Jewish Child Care Association)
- Lexington Center for Recovery, Inc.
- Lifting Up Westchester (formerly Grace Community Church)
- Mental Health Association
- Mt. Vernon United Tenants, Inc.
- My Sister's Place
- North American Family Institute (NAFI)
- Providence House
- Rockland Psychiatric Center
- Search For Change
- Select Human Services
- Shepherd's Flock
- St. Vincents Hospital Westchester
- The Guidance Center
- The Sharing Community
- Washingtonville Housing Alliance
- WestCOP (Westchester Community Opportunity Program, Inc.) Services
- Westhab Inc.
- Westchester Cares Action Program
- Westchester County Dept. of Community Mental Health
- Westchester County Dept. of Social Services
- Westchester Institute for Human Development
- Westchester Jewish Community Services
- Westchester Residential Opportunities (WRO, Inc.)
- White Plains Housing Authority/Resident Resource Center
Client Referral Procedures
In order to refer clients to select furniture, your organization must be a Member Agency. To become a Member Agency, please go to How To Become a Member Agency (above).
In order to make an appointment for a Member Agency client, Case Managers should first read our Client Referral Guidelines carefully. We want to ensure that all referring Case Managers and their clients understand exactly what fees and documentation to bring to an appointment, and what to expect and what not to expect. We do not want you and your clients coming to our warehouse with unrealistic expectations and leaving unhappy.
Appointments can only be made after you or someone at your agency has conducted a home visit to verify the need for furniture. After verifying client’s specific furniture needs, complete the 3-page Client Referral Form on behalf of or in consultation with your client. After you have completed the Client Referral Form, follow the instructions in the Client Referral Guidelines to schedule an appointment.