We rely on volunteers in every aspect of our operations, helping to keep our costs down so that the funds we raise can go directly towards helping our clients furnish their empty apartments. We have a caring and talented volunteer “family” that loves knowing what a difference they are making in the lives of our client families – join us!
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
At our Warehouse:
- Shopping Assistant – help clients select furniture from their “wish lists”
- Inventory Assistant – help move furniture and “batch” for client deliveries
Wed. & Thurs. 9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
- Furniture Pick-Up – if you have access to a pick-up or van, help with periodic “emergency” furniture pick-ups on your own schedule
Behind the Scenes:
If you have special talents in the following areas, we would welcome your help:
- Communications/Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Database Technology and Data Entry
- Event Planning
- Inventory Acquisition Outreach Coordinator
- Farmer's Market Outreach Coordinator
- Special Inventory Placement Coordinator
- Municipal Recycling Outreach Coordinator
- "Lonely Chair" Corrdinator
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Furniture Drives - a great way to volunteer!
Furniture Drives are an important source of inventory for Furniture Sharehouse, enabling us to restock the warehouse without incurring expensive pick-up costs. Furniture Drives can be sponsored by houses of worship, high school service clubs or other groups. For more information on How to Organize a Furniture Drive, Click Here.
"Third Saturday of Service"
We are now open the Third Saturday of every month from 9:30 to 11:30 to accept drop-off donations. This is a great opportunity for volunteer groups from corporations, houses of worship, community civic organizations, school service clubs and other groups to spend a few hours helping us straighten up the warehouse, reorganize inventory, sort and tag donations and more.
Other Group Volunteer Opportunities
We also welcome volunteer groups at other times – contact us if you have a group that would like to help!
Please note that due to the nature of the work in our warehouse and at furniture drives, we ask that volunteers be 15 or older.